Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Mondegreens

I feel like this particular quote needs to be predicated with an explanation. One of my students loves to sing and dance--which I encourage, since I do too. I would like to say right now that I only play Kidz Bop versions of certain songs, unless they're clean. On that note, every single day, without fail, this girl asks for me to play the Starships song, the Maybe song, and the Gumastyle song. Translation: Starships by Nicki Minaj, Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen, and Gangnam Style by psy.

I've always thought it an interesting playlist for her.

Anyway, every time she sings the Maybe song (which is her favorite), she changes the lyrics. Sometimes, it'll be pretty close to the real ones, but not usually. Yesterday's lyrics were so funny, I had to write them down! Here is her mondegreen (aka misheard lyric):
I've also recorded her singing a few times on my phone. I'm not sure if I'd be breaking privacy laws by posting it, so for now I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment