Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Daylight Savings Did Not Work

Normally, the closer I get to work, the lighter it gets outside. I feel like this is a fairly regular phenomenon for most people, especially if you have an early shift. However, today was different. Rather than waking up in the dark with the sun rising as I drive, today I woke up while it was still light (I slept in...not enough sleep last night) and drove into the dark.

Such is the joy of living in western Washington. It just so happened that today, it was not raining at home. Seattle area had, in a change from their normal weather, heavy rain. So i got to drive into a big, dark, raincloud. Yay!

The day got worse as it progressed (starting out with me being half an hour late to work due to horrific traffic--an hour's worth!), but I like to think I'm a pretty optimistic and cheerful person. I made light of it, enjoyed watching humorous videos with my coworkers during lunch, and did my best not to lose my patience with some of the kids. That was the hardest part.

I learned today that recently in the Seattle area, a man went into a bank and told them to put all their twenties on the counter, took one and then waited outside for the police to come and arrest him. And that this is happening all over the country. I may complain sometimes, but at least I have a warm house to go home to, a full-time job, a college education, food, and a family. What am I complaining about?

So I've decided to do my best to keep my petty complaints to myself and be grateful for what I do have. After all, it is almost Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment