Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween, AKA "Harvest Festival"

While we can't technically celebrate Halloween, we can (and do) dress up--because we're allowed to dress up any day of the year we'd like, we just all coincidentally dress up on the same day that Halloween also happens to be. Also, there's no telling the kids they can't wear their cool trick-or-treat costumes.

Initially, I was going to be a ladybug. My tutu was too late, however. So today, I had to improvise, and it's a good thing I did! My costume was cheap (and by cheap I mean free), easy, and fun! The kids loved it.

I'm a preschooler! With a wand...
On Monday and Tuesday I also spent some time creating a picture backdrop, which turned out really well. We hung it up in our windows and took pictures of the kids in their costumes in front of it, which will go out to parents by the end of the week. It was a huge success!

Imagine the trees closer together and bats in front of the moon
We had an easy, quiet day, and I can't wait 'til the next holiday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment