Friday, October 5, 2012

A First Post

In starting a blog, I generally like to write a witty or clever "first post" for my blog, but in this case, I don't know that I even have one. So, I'll just explain my idea here.

Basically, I'm a relatively new preschool teacher in Washington state. I am leaving the location and name of the school out of my writing because of confidentiality purposes, and in addition if I ever mention a child, I won't refer to them by their actual name. Codenames will be given at random, and I obviously won't be posting any pictures of the kids without permission.

Not that it really matters. I really just wanted to get my ideas out to share with other preschool teachers who are new, stuck, or just browsing for ideas. Honestly, I'm not sure how teachers managed before the internet (and Pinterest!).

When I have the time, I'll share funny stories and quotes as they come to me, and I'll try to keep my blog as updated as my corner of the classroom!

Which brings me to my next point: my title. Upon my hiring, I was basically given a corner of the classroom (the dramatic play corner) and told to keep it up-to-date as far as the weekly theme went. I have other duties as well, but this was the one I was most excited about. A chance to create new art every week? I think yes!

So most of this will be dramatic play, circle time activities, and art projects according to the weekly theme as I have time and energy to update. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment